Year 12 results not what you were hoping for?
It’s normal to feel disappointed, especially after working so hard. Maybe you feel a bit hopeless, or unsure where to go from here. But it’s important to remember that your results do not define your worth or future success. There are many paths to success, and there are many opportunities to reach your goals.
Moving forward after your year 12 results
- Acknowledge and accept your feelings: Allow yourself to feel your emotions and process them. It’s okay to be sad, angry, or frustrated, but it’s important not to dwell on these emotions for too long.
- Reflect on your effort: Take a step back and reflect on your effort. Did you put in your best effort? Were you consistent in your studies? Was the way you were putting in effort effective? Were there any external factors that may have impacted your results? Even if you did try your best, reflecting on your effort and the way you studied may help you think about different ways to approach your learning in the future so you know how to maximise the benefits of your hard work.
- Create a plan: Now is the time to think about what you want to do next. You might want to consider alternative paths, or look into different courses. Create a plan that outlines the steps you need to take to reach your goals.
- Seek guidance: Reach out to your teachers, guidance officer, or trusted friends and family members for advice and support. They can help you identify your strengths, assess your options, and offer guidance and support as you move forward.
- Stay positive: Don’t let your results bring you down. Stay positive and keep a growth mindset. Remember that success is not determined by one set of results, and by thinking about what you want and getting advice about how to get there you can use your effort and determination to create new opportunities for success.
- Keep your goals in mind: Keep your long-term goals in mind and don’t give up on them. Re-evaluate them and adjust if necessary, but stay focused on what you want to achieve.
It can be disappointing to receive year 12 results that aren’t what you had hoped for, but it’s important to remember that your future is not defined by these results. Take the time to process your feelings, reflect on your effort, create a plan, seek guidance, stay positive, and keep your goals in mind. Remember that you are in control of your future and with determination, effort, and a positive attitude, you can still achieve great things!