Do you ever get the feeling that when one thing goes wrong it stuffs up your whole day (or even your week?). Sometimes, it even feels like it triggers a whole bunch of bad stuff that piles up on top.
On the flip side, maybe you’ve noticed that when something good happens, it can make your whole day or week, and other good things keep happening.
Wouldn’t it be awesome to find a way to have more of those good weeks?
Guess what – there is a way, and it works by tapping into your growth mindset.
The accomplishment jar
No – we’re not talking about a genie in a jar that grants you good fortune, but the results are still pretty similar.
Things you’ll need:
- An empty jar/container, some paper and a pen
- Your phone
What you need to do:
Anytime that you feel like you’ve accomplished something (doesn’t matter how big or small), write it down and put it in the jar or type it into a note on your phone.
This could be:
- Getting a grade that you’re proud of on an assignment or test
- Getting some praise from a teacher
- Nailing your learners or P’s on the first go
- Making the decision to exercise every morning, and actually sticking to it
- Helping your parents without being asked
- Cleaning your room